Monday, March 21, 2016

Getting Over It

I taught a lesson about forgiveness on Sunday.  It is something else how teaching can bring answers to the teacher far more effectively than it does to the student!

Case in point: my irritation at our contractor for not finishing this house and leaving my yard a shambles (not just a mess, but huge piles of dirt and rocks that cannot reasonably be moved with a shovel and wheelbarrow (I've tried).  Every time I think of the field of wildflowers that isn't sown or the fruit trees that should be being planted right now or the grass seeds that can't be spread or a summer--another summer--of endless dirt and dust because I can't take erosion-proofing methods, I get frustrated, sad, or downright angry.  Not only is the job undone, but we have to find the money to hire someone or rent equipment to do a job we've already paid to have done.

One of the mounds of dirt--this one top soil--with a couple of cute t-ball players.
I asked my husband a couple of weeks ago, "Why can't I forgive this guy?!"  My holding on to the grudge isn't hurting him in the slightest, but it is hurting me.  I am sure it was no coincidence that my lesson yesterday was about forgiveness.  Heavenly Father knew that would be an effective way of getting His point across.  
Emily.  Get Over It!

Today I went to Home Depot and bought some materials to finish trimming out the basement bedrooms as well as some shelving materials to begin finishing the kids' closets.  We called around a bit getting bids and rental pricing to try to figure out how to grade the land.  It isn't the whole kit and caboodle, but it is a start.  I'm going to sit around with my jar of pickle juice at the ready no longer!  I have work to do and work is an excellent antidote to self-pity!

 And that's that.

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness is hard but necessary. I would recommend filing a report with the Better Business Bureau, so that someone else will know before they hire him.

    ReplyDelete