Friday, May 6, 2016

Loafing Around

This beautiful thing came into my life five days ago.
She and I have been loafing around ever since.


Physically, I feel great and I am sorely tempted to get off my duff and start working.
Being able to move my body after the stiff and awkward final months of pregnancy is such a delicious feeling that I find myself wanting to DO.  I did that after the birth of another baby and regretted it.
I'm forcing myself to restrain, allowing my body to fully recuperate from the rigors of childbirth.


These are the plants and flowers we put in the day before she was born.
I've been sitting on my porch, enjoying them, watching the grass grow.


I am SO glad we were able to get all of this done before the baby arrived!  The two week old grass is growing in nicely and will be a thick, lush lawn before we know it. The one week old grass is just beginning to poke up from its dirty bed.


While I am forcing myself to not go out and work, there is nothing I can do about the list forming in my head.
I have more than one summer full of projects.  Some things are as simple as fixing a small section of fence or transplanting an under-performing plant.  Other projects are much more ambitious, like creating play spaces for the children and building a waterfall.  There is so much work to be done . . . work I want to be doing!


That will wait.
For right now, I will sit on my hands and enjoy this:


It lasts for but the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment