Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Baby Shower!

When a friend suggested a baby shower, I protested.  After all these girls, I really have everything I need.
She persisted and I finally relented.
Then, the theme of the shower was revealed:
Huggies and Frozen Meals!


Diapers, of course, are always needed, no matter how many children you have.
There is no such thing as a hand-me-down diaper. 
(Unless you're doing cloth.  I'm not; I did my time with cloth diapers.)
My cloth diapers are now used for everything but diapering.

The frozen meals part, though, was an inspired idea.  Since her arrival, I have had no desire to cook and no ideas for meals.  I don't know about you, but every once in awhile, I go through a dry period as far as meal planning goes.  It rarely lasts long, but the last few weeks have been a real drought.  In fact, one night we pulled into the grocery store after a long day out with the family, knowing there wasn't much at home.  I sat in the passenger's seat and told my husband I had NO ideas.  I could go in the store, but I'd wander around aimlessly, searching for something besides cold cereal or crackers to fill my children's bellies.  He gallantly came up with an idea, bought the goods, and even fixed the meal when we got home.

To say that frozen meals is a helpful gift is an understatement, to be sure.

Huggies and frozen meals is the BEST EVER shower idea for a mother of many.
Thank you to my good-hearted church friends who ignored me when I thought I didn't need a shower.

1 comment:

  1. Every baby deserves to be celebrated, especially with gifts as practical as these. I am so glad you got to have a party in honor of your little girl.

    ReplyDelete