Thursday, June 16, 2016

Field Trip Summer: The Fish Hatchery

This week's field trip got a rocky start.  As I was planning the day before I went to bed, I knew I needed to leave at 9:30 in the morning.  It takes a full hour to get there from my house and since I am the one organizing the trips, I wanted to be there early enough to welcome others in the group.  
Getting out the door at 9:30, with an hour's drive would get me there half an hour early. . .
if it were starting at 11.  But it wasn't.  It was starting at 10,
a fact I knew the night before, but still got 9:30 stuck in my brain.
You don't need much of an education to see the error in my math!

So, we got started late.
I was relying on the phone to give me directions, since it is in an unfamiliar area, and the phone died in route.
And there were multiple construction detours on the prescribed streets.

But, we made it.


And we saw a bunch of fish in various stages of maturation.


More importantly, we saw friends


and climbed trees.


After our picnic lunch, we zipped over to a small area titled Indian Painted Rocks and took a quick peek.


I mean, it wasn't a wasted day, but it wasn't a flagship day either.
Oh, well. You can't win them all.


At least they liked the sack lunches.


No comments:

Post a Comment