Saturday, September 3, 2016

Summer's End

Last night was the last Friday night of the summer.  Public school starts around here on Tuesday (after Labor Day), so my kids decided it was a good time to have a party.
We had a houseful for waffles and a movie.
There are no pictures because I was running three waffle irons to try to keep up with the teenagers.
It was outrageously loud (and fun).

This little girl is obviously from a big family because she fell asleep in the middle of the cacophony.  


After everyone left, Isaac, Eliza and I sat in the living room and talked until 2 in the morning.  Isaac made the comment that this was the end of his last summer.  He turns 18 in the beginning of the new year and will likely be on his mission before next summer comes.  Tears sprang to my eyes as the reality of his statement sank in.  I also mentioned something about how my baby will be taking solid foods within a couple of months.  
Oh, it is fleeting!

How could anyone ever wish these precious days away?!

1 comment:

  1. I've been feeling similar feelings lately. My baby will be year old next week. A long time ago I decided not to be the mom who wished for those years back again, but to make the most of them so I could look back fondly but be happy in the present. I am, but it still tugs at my heart strings.

    ReplyDelete