Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Oh, the Laundry

I was so proud of myself this morning as I told my husband, "There is NO dirty laundry in this house."  We have been cleaning all week and I have asked the children repeatedly and specifically if they had every scrap of dirty laundry in the laundry room.  Assured that they had, I was confident as I stepped into their rooms to begin packing this afternoon.  I knew I would have every pair of pants, every matched sock, every folded shirt, and piles of happily laundered undies from which to choose.

I was terribly wrong.

Not only did I not have all of the dirty clothes in the laundry room (much less washed, dried, and folded), but I was going to be up LATE doing the laundry so it would be done before we left for our trip.

Indeed, here it is, 11 o'clock at night and I still have two loads to go.  I also need to pack breakfast and lunch for eight people (that's sixteen sack meals, if you need help).  This was work that should have been done this afternoon when I was, instead, cleaning closets and sorting clothes.

We leave for the airport at 3:30 in the morning.

To the credit of the children, there has been massive repenting and heartfelt apologies.  Also, the blame is not shared by all of the children.  I will not specify the offenders because I love them and do not believe in public humiliation.  The end.




You know, in case you thought my house was filled with sunshine and tulips all the livelong day.


1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! Hope you can catch up on sleep 😉

    ReplyDelete