Monday, October 10, 2016

So Tired



My nephew married his sweetheart yesterday in my sister's backyard.  It was a beautiful October day and the celebration was lovely.  We could not have asked for more perfect weather.
But we didn't know that it would be that way on Friday when it was POURING down rain.
There was a lot of scrambling to figure out alternatives, clean up places that weren't meant to be seen, and prepare for the worst weather. Luckily, my parents live right next door and Dad has a shelter that worked perfectly.  


We got home late last night, exhausted but happy.  Crawled into bed and zonked out cold until it was time to get up for church this morning.  I looked forward to a nap after church, but didn't get one.  So sad!  I quickly cleaned the kitchen and baked because my Camilla girl had her 13th birthday party tonight.


(Earlier in the week, I asked the girls to get out some autumn decorations, they put out the Halloween AND the Thanksgiving decorations and I just don't care enough to change it. We're rolling with all the fall festivals on the mantle.)


She wanted baked potatoes and chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.
It was all well received and she was thrilled with the family and the gifts they brought.
We are so lucky to have such good people around us.


After everyone left, I cleaned up a tiny bit and hit the hay.
Guess who can't sleep?
Yes.  Me.  The exhausted mama.

I'm tired, but I have had some wonderful experiences this week.  We have been chipping away and a huge and intimidating list of things that had to be done before we leave on our trip.  The final things that were tackled in the last few days included preparing the yard for winter, deep cleaning the house, helping with Kevin and Kenzie's wedding, and Camilla's birthday. Tomorrow is the last big hurdle:  we take the pigs to the butcher!  Hooray!  My husband was an absolute superhero this week, scrubbing and organizing like nobody's business.  I only knew the guy for a few minutes before we were married, but trusted in my Heavenly Father.  He gave me a good one.  I am so thankful that Justin is not above helping out around the house.


As soon as these pigs are welcomed into their new, frigid home, we will be down to our final loop in the chain.  Final loads of laundry.  Final loads of dishes, final sweeping and vacuuming of the floors.
And the packing will commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment